Schools that decided to join the project are the second chance schools (including secondary schools and vocational schools).
All schools have a challenge to find out how to give support for those students who have started their learning process after a long gap or have come from social risk families,
or have had different problems in previous educational organizations. Giving students optimal support could minimize the amount of dropout students.
Taking into account youth interest in technologies and necessity of their use in work, one of the approaches for minimizing dropouts could be meaningful use of ICT for promoting youth
interest in learning and cooperation. According to the latest research of ASEM (ASEM LLL HUB) "Identifying and analysis of new challenges and opportunities of their solution"
about life-long learning in an international perspective that influences involving adults (18-24 years old) into the long-life learning process, there is no a unit reason for early school leaving (dropout).
Dropouts are often connected with different learning necessities or "not successful" learning. According to the ASEM research one of the most important reasons of dropouts in education, is the lack of life
long learning skills in the field of ICT. Improving these ICT skills is a good ground for a good support in the learning process and also a necessity in work). Also the need of essential e-learning experience
for implementing the process "learning in the working place" is important. We consider that project activities will help to gather information about good practice of partner schools in solving the above mentioned
roblems and to be aware of new possibilities of pedagogical cooperation.
In Latvia there are 21 evening schools that provide the second education functions. There is no special courses for teachers' professional development. Therefore in Latvia the evening schools under their own iniciative cooperate mutually and popularize their good practice examples. The previous positive experience shows that involving into international projects is the possibility to get acquainted with experience of different countries and solve the problem situations. Evaluating the foreign experience and taking into account context of every country, it is possible to change learning and teaching approaches in every school, to implement innovative solutions in promoting cooperation. Also it is essential to aware what kind of problems partners from other countries have to face. Minimizing dropouts is one of priorities proposed by EU. he ways of minimizing dropouts are different, although one of the project goals is recognizing possibilities of ICT in solving the problem due to the fact that technologies not only fascinate, but also are necessary in the working environment and career development. Meaningful and successful use of technologies could give possibility not only to perfect students' learning and cooperation skills, but also to make easier and more productive teachers' work, as well as provide more appropriate support systems for students' individual needs. Offering cooperation in the project, first those partnerschools that we had worked together in previous projects, were asked to join. In partner selection the information about the second chance or vocational schools were gathered because in such schools we have the greatest amount of dropout students at risk. Partners agreed to cooperate when got acquainted with project topics.
1) to responsible about the project in general, about the quality of the project content;
2) development and updating of project web-page (activity A1);
3) Communication among partners through ICT (A12);
4) Short-term joint staff training events in Latvia (C1)
5) to be responsible for both transnational meetings, especially about the closing event (M1, M2)
6) common project documentation.
1) budget control;
2) providing information in time;
3) regular communication, using ICT tools;
4) implementation of commonly set goals, tasks and activities;
5) result dissemination activities.
1) organize Short-term joint staff training event (C5);
2) gather and summarize the results of discussions after watching the video interviews (A4, A5, C3).
1) organize Blended mobility of school learners (C3);
2) make and coordinate the project group on Facebook (A13);
3) gather and summarize the results of discussions after watching video films (A3, C3).
1) organize Short-term joint staff training event (C4);
2) organize activity - on-line course production "Carrier Education and guidance in the context of the European Single Market" (A8)
1) organize transnational meeting (M1);
2) summarize results after Seminars and/ or brainstorm for students and/ or parents organized in every partner school (A6);
3) work out the questionnaires and summarize the results (A7).